The AFL-CIO Organizing Institute trains member activists and organizers in basic organizing skills. We welcome National AFL-CIO affiliated labor organizations to sponsor talented members to attend our next 3-Day Basic Organizing Skills training in Portland, Oregon in partnership with the Oregon AFL-CIO.
Send your most passionate labor activists to learn these valuable tools for your next union organizing campaign!
HOW TO SPONSOR A PARTICIPANT
Register at http://www.AFLCIO.org/OI (By August 12, 2016)
Union members cannot sponsor themselves.
$150 includes training materials and meals. (If billed after the training, the cost will be $175)
- Other costs, hotel stays, lost time, and travel is the responsibility of sponsoring union.
- Make checks payable to the Secretary-Treasurer of the AFL-CIO.
- Fees must be paid in full and no personal checks please.
Closest union hotels (within 4 miles):
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, 921 SW 6th Ave., Portland, OR.
- The Benson, a Coast Hotel, 309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR.
- The Paramount Hotel, 808 SW Taylor St., Portland, OR.
- There are other hotels near the training site. Please call and check rates in the area.
The sponsoring union is responsible for booking a hotel for participants.
WHAT’ S NEXT?
A packet with a training agenda will be sent to the registered email a week prior
Send Payment to:
Camille West-Eversley AFL-CIO
815 16th St. NW
Washington, DC 20006
Precinos@aflcio.org; (626) 318-4592