Oregon Strong Voice
Oregon Strong Voice is a statewide network of regional alliances between labor unions and community-based organizations. We work together to maximize our collective power at the grassroots level so that we can build a stronger Oregon.
Oregon Strong Voice began after the Oregon AFL-CIO, along with several statewide affiliate unions, recognized that we can do more to move a statewide agenda that supports all Oregonians. It’s about building a stronger Oregon by raising our voices in communities across the entire state.
Oregon Strong Voice has active tables throughout the state: in Lane County, and in both Southern and Central Oregon.
Some of the coordinated efforts we have been able to accomplish include:
- Added capacity to electoral coordination on both local and statewide issues
- Local candidate recruitment for elected office including school board, fire board, and county commission
- Candidate trainings
- Union strike support
- Coordinated statewide days of action that maintain local control of on-the-ground activities while building a common statewide message that amplifies each area’s efforts
- Legislative coordination
- Leadership development trainings
- Workplace organizing institute trainings
- Local forums to discuss statewide policy